Wednesday, May 28, 2014

W - Words.. and words are all I have..

I had initially thought that I would write something on 'Wanderlust' with my love for travelling, but then I have written about it a little and once a 'partial' travelogue too. I had also thought of mentioning those beautiful lines from Tolkien’s LOTR “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.” :-D But then while thinking about this quote, it struck me that I can write about my love for Words. 

I have always been a sucker for beautiful words. Something said in a beautiful way can touch me deep down. Many a times I have liked some songs for their beautiful lyrics even though the music might not have been good. Not just spoken words of songs or movies, even written words can move me into tears. I absolutely loved the beautiful 'middle-earth' English present in the movie (and the book) LOTR.  Here is another Gem:
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
or
"Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised."
Apart from the lovely wise words and advise that Gandalf and others give in the book, even the usual conversation between all the characters is just wonderfully written!

Once I was reading the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin" on the bus while I was on my way to office; I came across some scenes which were poignant and extremely sad. I did not realize that I had started crying while reading them; only when I felt some eyes staring into me, I realized it. Such is the power of words! Good ones can make you fall in love with them.. be it the serious ones in Atlas Shrugged, LOTR, Uncle Tom's Cabin, etc or the outrageously funny ones in The hitch hikers guide to galaxy, PG Woodhouse, et all. Beautifully used and crafted words have a lasting impact.. I hope and wish that one day I learn to use them beautifully as well.

PS: Btw I just noticed that I wrote my 100th post when I was at U... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :-) I guess, it would have taken me few more years to reach there if it was not for this A-Z blogging challenge!


2 comments:

Amrita said...

Wonderful !! You remember so much from the book! Awesome!
And I am loving your posts even more after the nudge yesterday ;)
Congos on 100 posts and good of you to pick the challenge. We should try n do one per year.

Ashma said...

@Amu: Thanks dear.