Tuesday, May 13, 2014

H - Happy Parents = Happy Kids

Read this while I was expecting.. very easy to say but very difficult to follow. Especially during your pregnancy, when your hormones are a little off the regular mark, your body is changing a lot and you are preparing yourself for the unexpected. :-) I do agree to this wholeheartedly.. it makes sense, if you are happy, everything around you including the life within you would definitely be happy! And we tried to make everything as stress free as we could, it helps that both I and M like to enjoy the present. We make plans for the future, at the same time, we are ready to absorb changes to the plan (Any change whether good or bad is initially difficult... you need time to adapt and enjoy even the positive ones). 

Even with all this flexibility, there were still fights we had during our pregnancy.. :-( I don't think we have ever fought as much as we did during that time. There was one instance in particular that I remember vividly specially coz I am very ashamed of it. It was the time when mummyji (my MIL) was here in Pune. I had had a small argument with M in the morning and was not talking to him.. my anger increased as he did not try to pacify and make up with me.. it was lunchtime and I said that I won't have lunch.. M became more angry he thought I was trying to blackmail him (no idea how it was a blackmail).  Anyways we fought in front of mummyji.. and I started crying (ok dont think that I am a cry baby, it was just the hormones at that time. It would make me cry on small small things...) and I took out the brahmashtra - I said I wanna go to my parent's place and mummyji was so worried about us since she hadn't seen us fight like this. That was really the lowest point of our fights.

Anyways I digress.. We generally cant remain angry for long, we are back to our normal self pretty soon.. it helps that both I & M forget and hence forgive as well. :-D We tried to be a happy couple and I think we succeeded most of the times.  Shaurya is a happy kid (touch wood!) and he is fun loving & enjoys everything. He also has his off days where he is cranky and irritated but those are few and far in between. It's not as if everything is perfect, I and M still have our fights but we make up! :-) However we need to be careful now, since Shaurya gets it when we are angry at each other and he comes near us, make funny faces, say some stupid things and try to make us laugh.. works like a charm! :-D So now it's more the case of our happy kid making us happy!
 

1 comment:

Rachna said...

Touchwood !