Monday, May 19, 2014

N – Naughty or Nice

Naughty is an apt word that I would use to tell about Shaurya - I would have ideally used hyper-active or enthusiastic but blogs with ‘H’ & ‘E’ are already done.. :-D. Whenever my parents or in-laws call and they ask what Shaurya is doing, I invariably end of saying, ‘badmaashi’ (yea.. I am a bad mother; busy badmouthing him..  ;-p..). My son is full of mischief most of the time, though to be fair, they are quite innocent ones. With his abundant energy and an always busy mind, he is thinking of something or the other and trying to explore. And all this thinking leads to some really ‘naughty’ actions. If he is silent for a long time, we are quite sure something is happening. Once, as mentioned here, he was silently ruining the rangoli when I was thinking that he is admiring my handiwork. His naughtiness gives him a good sense of humour as well; many a times he would do something silly knowing that it would make us laugh. Recently he was pronouncing ‘birthday’ as ‘bourday’ just to heckle us. He would tell it and start laughing. My friend R tells me it’s the result of all those Calvin and Hobbes comic strips that I was reading during my pregnancy.

But I use ‘naughty’ here in the nicest way possible. After all, Kids are supposed to be naughty.. my sister says if Shaurya was a more good kid, I myself would worry what’s wrong with him, why isn’t he doing something. :-)He is a nice kid who listens when he knows that he should and sometimes doesn’t when he thinks he can get away with it. (Kids have a huge 6th sense and they can understand a situation just by the undercurrents, where as we as adults might just be seeing what is visible and missing out on subtle things) Though I would love to have him listen to me more.. sometimes he just tries me a lot. (It’s one of my major shortcoming that I lose my patience with him – the one person with whom I should be most patient!). So its not naughty or nice, Shaurya is both naughty and nice.

No comments: