Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I - Indulgence

Since morning I have been trying to think of a topic with letter 'I', however nothing interesting is coming into my mind. Then my friend R suggested that I write something about all the things that I indulge in (guess she thinks I am too indulgent.. ;-) ). I have always been a spendthrift; before my wedding I was not much of a saver and now I consider home loan EMIs as saving. :-D. Anyways let me tell about things that I use to pamper myself and which gives me guilty pleasure - enough to uplift my mood anytime.
  • Good Food: Being a foodie, a good meal is something that is on top of my list of Indulgences. At Bangalore, my friends and I used to explore a new place to eat every week. A good movie followed up by a good meal has always been perfect for me. Even here in Pune, we like to try different restaurants on most weekends. Not just eating out, we try making different stuff at home as well. At home, even simple daal and rice made right gives a lot of satisfaction. A major portion of our Salary gets spent on food only. :-D
  • Travel: I like travelling a lot - exploring new places, meeting new people, trying out new food, seeing a different culture or way of life.. it gives an awesome experience. Before Shaurya was born, it was easy doing all the travel. Now we have to plan a lot, however it is still a lot of fun. Shaurya also enjoys travelling. Since travel is one of the best way to expand your horizon with all the different experiences that you encounter, we plan for it on a regular basis. We have traveled with a 6 month old Shaurya as well and touchwood, every time he has adapted to the Journey quite well. Adjusting with what food he gets, how the weather is, what is the mode of transportation.... looks like we have a pukka Traveller in our home. 
  • Good movie: I love movies especially English ones. I like good movies whether in English or Hindi or any language with subtitles on. But to be honest, I can like even the decent, not so great English ones. Anyways if its a good movie and I get to watch it uninterrupted (which is difficult with a small kid), nothing can be better than that. I have a huge collection of movies in my laptop and removable hard disk, plus I have many original DVDs of some of my all time favourite movies like LOTR Triology, GWTW, Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, Sholay, Andaz Apna Apna, among others. We used to go for movies nearly most weekends, though after the kiddo the frequency has reduced; we plan movie outings only for the ones that we have been waiting for.
  • Good Book: I love reading novels. I am not much into non-fiction, it's mostly fiction for me. I can read any good and interesting book.. I temporarily forget food, TV, etc when I am reading. If it's some suspense thriller and I wanna know the end, I will read it continuously and finish it in a day to know the end. If it's good, I read it again, savoring all the little bits and pieces.  I know kindle and all have made reading all the more easy, however I somehow can't read on a laptop/phone, I need a hard copy.. need that feel of holding a book in your hand and turning its pages. A good book gives an amazing feeling of happiness and satisfaction.
  • Chocolates: Typical of a women :-) But I absolutely love it. All the flavours, all the varities, most of the brands! Cocoa is one of my favourite flavours (along with Vanilla). I even use a cocoa based moisturizer. :-p

No comments: